Not many online headlines grab me hook, line and sinker. But reading “Mr. Tom Ford shares his style rules” on Net-a-Porter Magazine, had my heart racing and finger clicking, lickety-split. Mr. Tom Ford, mega fashion royalty, is one of my fashion heroes. I know not all of you read the magazine, so I just had to share them with you! There isn’t a share link on the site, so here’s his tips in an abbreviated form, from the article by Kay Baron in Net-a-Porter Magazine, and my comments for fun.
1. Don’t let fashion dictate to you. – I couldn’t agree more. I don’t love or suit everything that’s in fashion at any given time.
2. Never try to be overtly sexy. – My sentiment exactly, that and the word “classy”, nothing tackier!
3. Find your uniform. – I give my clients the same advice.
4. Remember sexiness is about confidence. – So true no matter your size or shape.
5. Reassess your style every five years. – I agree, and hire an image consultant or stylist, namely me, ha!
6. Make an effort. – Of course.
7. Don’t believe you need wardrobe essentials….. – I don’t completely agree with that one.
8. ..But everyone needs at least one LBD. – Yes!
9. Don’t underestimate the power of makeup. – Another yup!
10. Focus on one feature. – He means with makeup, a strong lip or eye, I also subscribe to that one.
Click on this link to read the full article on Net-a-Porter Magazine – http://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine/308/16